igotu2gpx team mailing list archive

[Question #105452]: Downloaded source, updated usb driver and cannot access

New question #105452 on igotu2gpx:
https://answers.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/105452

I have been using igotu2gpx for some time and it works great.  I decided i would help out and downloaded the source (was going to fix the time for purging) and updated all the software necessary including the usb driver.  Trying to use igotu2gpx and the 0.3.0 version I had installed behaves thusly:

vaniwaar@vaniwaar-eee-pc:~/igotu2gpx-0.3.0$ igotu2gpx info
Downloading configuration...
Unable to download configuration from GPS tracker: Unable to read data from device: Connection timed out

The same is true for the version I built from source:

vaniwaar@vaniwaar-eee-pc:~/igotu2gpx$ bin/debug/igotu2gpx info
Downloading configuration...
Unable to download configuration from GPS tracker: Unable to read data from device: Connection timed out

Where should I start to track this down?  I have  tried rebooting...  Not sure what is the issue at this point or where to start looking.

--Ron

MobileAction i-gotU USB GPS travel logger Mac/Linux developers, which is
an answer contact for igotu2gpx.