igotu2gpx team mailing list archive

[Question #106174]: Unable to upload gpx file to Garmin Connect

New question #106174 on igotu2gpx:
https://answers.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/106174

I just tried to upload a GPX file created by igotu2gpx to Garmin Connect [1].  It failed with "An error occurred with your upload. Please try again."

After a bit of trial and error, I discovered that this is because Garmin Connect doesn't like xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0"; in the header.  Garmin Connect is able to import if I change this to xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1";.

This is clearly Garmin's fault, and I don't know if igotu2gpx should change its header.  I just thought someone wanted to know :)

I have reported the issue to Garmin.

Henrik

[1] http://connect.garmin.com/

MobileAction i-gotU USB GPS travel logger Mac/Linux developers, which is
an answer contact for igotu2gpx.