igotu2gpx team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #150204]: How much memory does the logger have?

Question #150204 on igotu2gpx changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/150204

Rob Fisher gave more information on the question:
Trying to answer my own question now; hope you don't mind.

Looking at IgotuControlPrivateWorker::purge, there seem to be a number
of blocks of 0x1000 bytes (?). The GT100 has 0x80 of these (so 512KB),
the GT-120 has 0x200 (so 2MB) and the GT-200 has 0x100 (so 1MB) of
memory.

Looking in igotupoints.cpp, records seem to be 32 bytes long. That
gives:

GT-100: 16,384 records
GT-120: 65,536 records
GT-200: 32,768 records

I've made a few assumptions so I can imagine being out by a factor of 4
or by a few blocks (if not all of the blocks are used for records).

Does that sound about right?

By the way, the availability of this open source software is the whole
reason I bought this device. I hope the manufacturers are thankful. I
am!

MobileAction i-gotU USB GPS travel logger Mac/Linux developers, which is
an answer contact for igotu2gpx.