igotu2gpx team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #160077]: ppa for ubuntu 11 ? (64bit)

Question #160077 on igotu2gpx changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/160077

Description changed to:
I bought a IgotU-200e and have problems getting the device to work on ubuntu 11.
("Unfortunately" the win7 download from the IgotU company works with no problems, so we need a simple easy solution here also).

I see two options:
a. Revert to Ubuntu 10.
b. Someone created a working ppa for Ubuntu 11 (in my case 64bit).

It seems I am running into a vicious circle in depency problems. After
accepting the ppa doing a:

sudo apt-get update
shows:
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/snapshot-archive/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

 I should add, that I tried to install from a deb:

sudo dpkg -i igotu2gpx_0.3.0-1~lucid3_amd64.deb
[sudo] password for .....:
Selecting previously deselected package igotu2gpx.
(Reading database ... 214324 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking igotu2gpx (from igotu2gpx_0.3.0-1~lucid3_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of igotu2gpx:
 igotu2gpx depends on libboost-program-options1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1); however:
  Package libboost-program-options1.40.0 is not installed.
 igotu2gpx depends on libmarble4 (>= 4:4.4.2); however:
  Package libmarble4 is not installed.
..... more info.
After insbtalling the libboost-program-options , that one was resolved and tried again:

 igotu2gpx depends on libmarble4 (>= 4:4.4.2); however:
  Package libmarble4 is not installed.

So I tried to install the libmarble4, but get
sudo apt-get install libmarble4
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libmarble4 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libmarblewidget11 marble-plugins libmarblewidget10

and get stuck after that trying with the mentioned ones.

 So I guess what I need is a "simple" explanation on how to get
igotu2gpx to work on Ubuntu 11. I tried to follow the instructions on
reconmpiling the source, but all sorts of dependency problems showed up.

JL , Denmark

MobileAction i-gotU USB GPS travel logger Mac/Linux developers, which is
an answer contact for igotu2gpx.