indiv-screenlets-dev team mailing list archive

Threading problems in various screenlets?

About revision 849 by Manos Nikiforakis:

    "Removed threading code. Something has been causing many problems..."

What problems were caused by threading? Threading is used already for a long time in Twitter and MailCheck, and recently I added it to FreemeteoWeather, EMHI, Slideshow, GoogleCalendar, LinuxEstoniaStats... I had threading problems only with MailCheck, but I think this is solved now. With rest of the screenlets mentioned there seemed to be no problems. Do you also have problems with other screenlets that include threading? Could you please specify what problems occurred for you and what do you think could be the reason? Could it be an unstable Internet connection, which causes threads halt? Or is there something not thread safe used in the code?

Tabbernuk