instant team mailing list archive

Circular logic in cache features

I've promised some things that are not compatible in the cache
handling (my head was just about to explode (or perhaps segfault)
because of this).

We can't _both_ make Instant adding compile flags to the signature
automatically _and_ use the signature directly as the module name (if
it is a valid name). Adding compiler flags automatically is an
important feature, so I will stay with computing a checksum of the
signature and compiler args. Thus we will have a checksum computation
in both FFC/SFC to determine class name of the form (which shouldn't
depend on the compiler args!), and a checksum computation in Instant
to determine the name of the compiled module (which should depend on
the compiler arguments).

--
Martin