instant team mailing list archive

Slow memory cache?

I'm still struggling with getting good performance from the in-memory
cache in Instant.

Below are the results for the JIT benchmark in bench/fem/jit in DOLFIN.

When using only the caching provided by Instant, the results are

  Disk cache:      0.552037000656
  In-memory cache: 0.551201319695

But when I turn on the internal FFC cache, I get

  Disk cache:      0.556658029556
  In-memory cache: 0.00709209442139

The speedup is a factor 80. To run the benchmark with or without the
FFC cache, change the variable use_ffc_cache in jit.py in FFC.

I have printed out some debugging in cache.py in Instant and it seems
that the in-memory cache is being used (not the disk cache).

--
Anders