instant team mailing list archive

Lock files

I noticed that the .lock files not always are written to the Instant cache, but are found in the same location as the cache_dir argument, although the module in fact does not end up there. Particularely when using the argument modulename, the .lock file ends up in the directory specified by cache_dir although the module directory ends up in pwd. Is this behaviour intended?

When importing a module by the module name, we get an error if we don't have write access to the directory in cache_dir:
m = instant.import_module('instant_ext', '/usr')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/instant_ext.lock'

I'm not saying this isn't right, I just wondered if this is the way it should be.

ilmar

Follow ups