instant team mailing list archive

Instant cache problem

The following unit test is failing for Instant:

  python -c "import instant; assert
  instant.import_module('((test19_signature_module))', 'test19_cache')
  is not None"
  t = 1.497633  ((1) With signature)
  t = 1.499479  ((2) With signature)
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "test19.py", line 120, in <module>
      assert t1 > t2

The following test seems to fail:

  # Build and rebuild with generic signature object
  sig = Sig("((test19_signature_module))")
  tic()
  module = build_module(code=c_code, signature=sig, cache_dir=cache_dir)
  assert module is not None
  t1 = toc("(1) With signature")
  tic()
  module = build_module(code=c_code, signature=sig, cache_dir=cache_dir)
  assert module is not None
  t2 = toc("(2) With signature")
  assert t1 > t2
  tic()
  module = import_module(sig, cache_dir)
  assert module is not None
  t3 = toc("(3) import_module")
  assert t1 > t3

When I run the test, I get t1 = t2 = t3 (approximately). Which one is
larger is somewhat random so the buildbot will fail sometimes but
sometimes not.

If I uncomment the lines that Garth commented out, I get

  t = 2.003596  ((1) With signature)
  t = 0.501644  ((2) With signature)
  t = 0.500951  ((3) import_module)

Does anyone know what this test does and what it should do?

--
Anders