inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Inx] Thoughts and Isssues: INX

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 18:28 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> As there has not been much happening with INX over the last couple of
> weeks, I am sending this as an update, and a possible catalyst for
> thought.

> Announcements, Release and other Scary stuff:  ;-)
>
> 	* We need to set up a torrent when the announcement is made - you never know,
> 	there might be some interest, and anyway it's the Right Thing.

No, you should have torrents running /before/ you make the
anouncement :)
Even if you have 10 seeds, its 10 people who dont need to download it
'in the rush', and 10 people who will be able to upload.

> 	* Some mirrors might be nice - if nothing else, it's good for people to have a server
> 	relatively nearby rather than having to download from half way around the world.

I dont have lots of bandwidth in australia mirror wise, but i can offer
4-5 net connections seeding torrents if it helps.

> 	* I have no idea what information needs to be gathered for, say, Distrowatch,
> 	but that would be easily discovered...

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=gnewsense if you want an
example.
They have a "Core packages" section, and a "all packages" section. Both
of which (as you will see) are largely gui stuff.
They also track info on reviews/help sites/mirrors etc, and per-release
info.

> 	* Team members might like to think about writing press releases / blogs/ other
> 	marketing things. ( I have an unreasonable prejudice about such matters that
> 	I might need to overcome *grin*)

I can comment/help out, but probably shouldnt be relied on to write it
all.

> Feel free to respond in a similarly rambling style, or if you have a solution to the links2
> problem, please let us know...
kk

--
Karl Goetz <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>