inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Inx] Thread Two: RC-3 or not?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:39:07 +0930
Karl Goetz <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Should we have an "inx-unstable" that gets all the latest crack?
> >
> > Yes, this is a sane approach. I think Debian does it just fine. Have a 'sid',
> > from which we release stable ones every now and again.
> >

> While it would be nice, debians number of devs is slightly larger.

:)

What I am thinking is to have the "official" version linked from the
downloads URL, and put newer stuff in the /devel directory.

I don't plan to wrestle with intrepid at this stage - just add
"features" to the hardy-based version. If they are OK, we could bump
the version for the official version up ( .1, .2 and so on) and then
make the "official" download the newer version.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net