inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Inx] Thread 4: What's actually happening...

On Thu, September 18, 2008 00:59, Peter Garrett wrote:
>> 2.  Install INX - An installer is a must.  For myself, I like to access
INX via VirtualBox from my Ubuntu desktop - it saves the drudgery of
rebooting; others may want it as a complete installable operating
system.
> *sigh* I fully agree, but as cjwatson of Ubiquity fame said to me some
time ago, "Installers are not trivial." I'm really hitting the ceiling
of my current knowledge and abilities on this one. Anyone out there care
to have a look at the Inxtaller and see if they can come up with
something more sophisticated?

Yeah, sorry about that. I promised to look at this, but then life
happened. :) Never fear, though, I plan on doing that tonight instead.

More specifically, I intend to get better partition handling included into
inxtaller. If you got more issues, I'd be happy to tackle them later, too.
Do we have a list somewhere, and that reminds me, do we have a wiki or
some such that could provide easy documentation for stuff requiring
development efforts, describing use cases for future releases etc.?

(apologies if I should already know this :-o )

--
Jaska

Follow ups