inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Ceni now on the ~inx-devel PPA

Hi Karl, all,

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Karl Goetz <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 17:21 +1000, David Symons wrote:

>>     - apt-get install devscripts dpkg-dev lintian dput
>
> apt-get install build-essential
> and for those on ubuntu
> apt-get install ubuntu-dev-tools

Hehe, yes that is a better idea - particularly if people are getting
started with packaging.

>> 4. Download the source package:
>>     dget http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/sidux/debian/pool/main/c/ceni/ceni_1.40.dsc
>
> `dget -x` will allow you to skip step 5.

Oh yes, thanks for that.

>> 5. Extract the source package
>>     dpkg-source -x ceni_1.40.dsc

> I Think in here should be another step:
> Change the Maintainer, and set inx-devel as the email address.
> Optionally move the Maintainer to XSBC-Original-Maintainer.

Righto, didn't realise that was the done thing.

>>     debuild -S
>
> I have to add -k<key> for some reason - probably some misconfiguration
> of mine.

Could be the gnupg configuration.  My guess is that it looks at the
email address in the changelog and finds the key related to that
address.  Or it could be using the address specified by this bit in my
.bashrc:
    export DEBFULLNAME="David Symons"
    export DEBEMAIL="david.symons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
... although I'd say those variables are more for devscripts such as dch.

> No, I won't join your social networking group
Awww ;P

Cheers, Dave.
--
David Symons