ius-community team mailing list archive

[Fwd: Re: [Percona-discussion] Percona RPM for Redhat in IUS repository]

Subject: Re: [Percona-discussion] Percona RPM for Redhat in IUS repository
From:    "Arjen Lentz" <arjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Wed, November 11, 2009 21:09
To:      "MikeG" <mike@xxxxxx>

Hi Mike

On 12/11/2009, at 12:51 PM, MikeG wrote:
> It would seem that this is a good place to announce that the IUS
> repository now contains Percona patched MySQL.
>
> We, the IUS group, are reaching out for any feedback whether it be in
> response to the package, description or any benchmarks, omissions,
> etc.
> The goal is to have an RPM that is compatible with the stock Redhat
> UIDs, init scripts, logging destinations, et al. Based on any
> feedback,
> we should have a mysql51-percona-highperf soon.

I take it then that you have in fact un-patched the bit where the
errorlog gets sent to the syslog?

> http://iuscommunity.org/about/

> Build: mysql50-percona-highperf-5.0.86-1.b19.ius

The -highperf version by Percona's own words contains bleeding edge
patches and shouldn't be used everywhere, but only where the regular
version doesn't cut it for extreme needs.
So I'd presume you'd want to use the regular patchset not the highperf
one?

Cheers,
Arjen.

--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: packages for MySQL and MariaDB @ http://ourdelta.org