ius-community team mailing list archive

Yum Repo Changes

Hello all,

This email is an initial notice of some future planned repo changes.  Currently our build system has been building for EL 5 point releases, as you would see in the IUS repos.  These have always been unofficial and are not even served by our mirror list service.  That said, in the event that any users have configured Yum to use these point release repos directly we are notifying you now that they we be removed in the near future.

If you have any boxes configured to use the EL 5.x point release repositories please reconfigure yum to use the repositories served by our mirror list.  For example:

mirrorlist=http://dmirr.iuscommunity.org/mirrorlist?repo=ius-el5&arch=$basearch

As mentioned, we have never served any point release repositories via our mirror list, therefore this notice is simply out of courtesy and does not affect any or our regular/supported services.

---
BJ Dierkes, RHCE
Linux Systems Engineer IV | [RH]acker
OS Deployment Team, RPM Development