ius-community team mailing list archive

Scheduled Maintenance for July 13, 2011

Hello,

We will have a scheduled maintenance during the hours of 12:00PM - 4:00PM CST on Wed July 13, 2011. The details of this maintenance were outlined in our last post, however have changed slightly (for the better). Our plan for the maintenance is as follows:

	• Add RHEL 6 repositories to dMirr (our mirrorlist service)
	• Remove old 5.x point release repos (never published to dMirr)

Previously we had mentioned that if you access the repository via a 'baseurl' rather than 'mirrorlist' that your config will no longer work. This is not necessarily true at this point as we are no longer changing the directly structure of the repo (aside from removing the 5.x point releases).

Please note, we have never announced or published anything about the 5.x point release repos as they were added for other reasons but we've decided not to go down that path. For the majority of users who simply installed 'ius-release' and used the standard 'mirrorlist' config, you should have no impact after the maintenance.

Please also note that during this maintenance there will at times be brief service interruptions as we restart services, and move files around. We will do our best to minimize this.

If for some reason something is needed from the repository during the maintenance and our primary repo is not available, you can also manually pull packages from one of our downstream mirror sites:

	• http://www.applesauceman.com/ius/http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/ius/http://mirror.its.dal.ca/ius/http://pancks.sothatswhy.org.uk/pub/ius/http://ftp.astral.ro/mirrors/iuscommunity.org/http://download.srv.ro/pub/ius/http://mirror.rackspace.com/ius/http://mirror.rackspace.co.uk/ius/http://mirror.rackspace.hk/ius/http://ftp.rediris.es/mirror/IUS_Community/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at coredev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or jump in #iuscommunity on freenode.net where we'll be.

Thanks!

---
BJ Dierkes, RHCE
Linux Software Developer III - [RH]acker
OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
Rackspace Hosting

Follow ups