ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: yum-plugin-replace

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Nat Colley <nat.colley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, first, oops, that folder reference should be yum.repos.d not conf.d
> where I see CentosBase etc but no ius.
> Second, I don't seem to have a local yum rpm, at least I can't find one and
> I didn't think that was what I was doing when I ran wget. I thought I was
> telling the server to add this repository as a place to look for yum
> updates? Nevertheless, I did a search for yum local and got zero. Where
> would it be?
>
> ------------------------------

My apologies, the fingers typed faster than the brain  :-P

Firstly, if the ius release rpm was installed successfully, check in
"/etc/yum.repos.d/ius.repo" and see if the resource for [ius] it has the
options "enabled=1"

Once it is enabled, only then yum will start using ius repo..  Either that,
you can keep it disabled and only run yum with "--enablerepo=ius" - eg. "yum
install yum-plugin-replace --enablerepo=ius"

My apologies for mistaking you in having difficulties with installing the
ius/epel release rpms

Regards

Maulvi