ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: php extension missing, et al

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Nat Colley <nat.colley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> rpm -qa | grep -i php
> php53-common-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1
> php53-process-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1
> php53-cli-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1
> php53-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1
> php53-xml-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1

I believe you wanted to use php from IUS, but you are using stock EL
packages. The IUS ones are called php53u. Just do your `yum replace'
routine again (e.g. yum replace php53 --replace-with php53u).

To add php's mysql support you need to install the php53u-mysql package via yum.

And, on the final note, you wanted to upgrade your mysql from stock
one to the IUS. Yum told you that there are many mysql packages in
your system. But there is only two of them, so I believe it's because
of that i386 package. Just remove it using `yum remove
mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.i386'. And then try to do the `yum replace'
routine again.

But anyways, that package is not the entire mysql. There is no mysql
server there, so you will need the mysql55-server package. Just
install it using regular `yum install mysql55-server'.

Hope that helps.

--
SY, Ilya A. Otyutskiy aka Sharp