ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: php extension missing, et al

Also, just a small note…  the reason you had two 'mysql' packages installed is likely because one was i386 and the other x86_64.  You won't have this problem with IUS packages because we do not include i386 packages in the x86_64 repo.  That said, you could have verified this by:

# rpm -q --queryformat="%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\n" mysql
mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.x86_64
mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.i386

Without the query format, the '%{arch}' is not displayed and so both packages look the same.  I think this changed to include the '%{arch}' in later versions of RHEL 5+.  If you prefer to only install x86_64 packages you can add the following to the [main] section of your /etc/yum.conf:

exactarch=1
multilib_policy=best

This means that when you say, "yum install mysql" it will only install the x86_64 version.  Also, to remove multiple packages with rpm you could have done the following as well:

# rpm -e mysql --allmatches

Just FYI.

---
BJ Dierkes, RHCE
Linux Software Developer III - [RH]acker
OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
Rackspace Hosting