ius-community team mailing list archive

dMirr (mirrorlist) Migration

Hello,

Early this morning (Central US Time) we migrated off of our old dMirr system onto a new environment. Our old infrastructure had been experiencing regular outages and was increasingly unreliable.  This upgrade implements a complete rewrite of the dMirr code base on top of the Django 1.3 framework, as well as moves the service onto a more scalable and reliable infrastructure (load balancing/better caching/etc).

There were a few hiccups due to code mishaps that I resolved after deployment… and have not seen any issues since. If you experience any problems, at all, with your Yum client talking to dmirr.iuscommunity.org … please don't hesitate to reply here or email us directly at ius-coredev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks!

---
BJ Dierkes, RHCE/LPIC
Linux Software Developer III - [RH]acker
OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
Rackspace Hosting