ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: replace plugin picking wrong package?

On 01/24/2013 09:41 AM, Jeffrey Ness wrote:
> On 01/24/2013 10:51 AM, Joe Pruett wrote:
>> i have a centos 5 system where i had installed some locally built
>> packages based on the rhas (or rhwas) stuff that had php 5.2, plus other
>> bits. i've successfully gotten all of that removed and upgraded to ius
>> php53u. the one sticking point i have is that the rhas stuff had a
>> postgres 8.1 client library name postgresqlclient81 (just like ius), and
>> i am trying to revert that back to native postgresql-libs, but this is
>> what happens:
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> it is picking the i386 variant, even though the box is x86_64. i've
>> tried passing postgresql-libs.x86_64, but that doesn't work. i imagine i
>> can do some trickery to exclude the i386 stuff from base while i do
>> this, but i'm wondering if there is a more correct way to do what i'm
>> trying, or maybe this is a bug in the replace plugin? it seems like it
>> should try to replace with the same arch.

> Hello Joe,
>
> I do see above postgresql-libs is being pulled in, however I do not
> believe this is a IUS package being pulled from RHEL 5 x86_64 channels
> (we label all our packages as .ius), you can check our repo and will
> notice no postgresql-libs packages available:
>
>    http://dl.iuscommunity.org/pub/ius/stable/Redhat/5/x86_64/
>
> Is it possible there is not a x86_64 package of postgrelsql-libs
> available in your repos? can you run the below commands:
>
>   # yum repolist
>
>   # yum info postgresql-libs

as you may have seen in my followup, i was able to trick it by excluding
the i386 package. i was trying to drop back to centos base, so that is
why the names didn't have ius. the issue is just that for some reason,
the replace plugin decided to use i386 instead of x86_64, and i couldn't
even override that on the command line. i haven't looked into the
provenance of the replace plugin, so it may not even really be something
the ius folks would fix.  googling around seems to imply that ius has
adopted this package, but the rpm points to a dead github area.
(http://github.com/derks/yum-plugin-replace).