ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: perl-DBD-mysql dependancy problem

On Mon, 20 May 2013, Joshua Rusch wrote:

> >>Error: mysql55 conflicts with mysql-5.1.69-1.el6_4.x86_64
> >>Error: mysql55-libs conflicts with mysql-libs-5.1.69-1.el6_4.x86_64 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
> The quick way to handle this is to remove the mysql-libs package with no deps. Just make sure you install the mysqlclient16 package to fix the broken dependencies. This is the package that contains the older libraries in it, mysql55-libs just contains the new libraries.
>
> rpm -e mysql-libs --nodeps
> #this will fix deps
> yum install mysql55 mysql55-libs mysqlclient16

Thanks. That took care of it.

I did initially have the centOS 5 repo installed, but removed it.
However, it seems that yum kept working off the downloaded cache and
kept pulling the e5 versions. So, thanks to Ben for pointing that
out. Once I wiped the yum cache everything started working.

henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
rhavenn@xxxxxxxxxxx