ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: MySQL 5.6.x version in IUS Repos

On 06/07/2013 08:15 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Ben Harper <ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 06/05/2013 10:14 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

    On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Ben Harper
    <ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        On 06/04/2013 10:07 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
        Hi,

        Any plans to introduce MySQL 5.6.x version in IUS Repos
        under applications/databases?

        Regards,

        Kaushal

        Hello Kaushal,

        Thanks for taking the time to contact IUS regarding this
        request.  From what we have heard MySQL 5.6 is not quite
        ready for production.  We do have a version in the
        development repos. Please see the following bug regarding
        MySQL56:

        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/1117674

        Ben Harper
        OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
        Rackspace Hosting & IUS Community

    Thanks Ben. I have checked with MySQL Community about 5.6.x and
    it is production ready stable version. Please comment

    Regards

    Kuashal

    Hey Kuashal,

    I double checked with our trusted DBAs and their concerns with
    MySQL 5.6 have mostly have been addressed with the 5.6.12
    release.  We will start looking into getting mysql56 is a state
    where it can get released within our stable repo.

    Ben Harper
    OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
    Rackspace Hosting & IUS Community

Thanks Ben for the reply. Any dates planned to have MySQL DB 5.6.x available in IUS repos?

Regards

Kaushal

Hello Kaushal,

We do not have any dates for when mysql56 will hit the stable repos. For new packages, we like to have some feedback from the community before releasing a new package into the stable repos. Would you be willing to test mysql56 along with our trusted DBAs once a package is ready for testing?