ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: EOL announcement for openssl10

On 12/03/2013 06:10 PM, Ben Harper wrote:
Greetings,

We received a bug that the IUS openssl10 package will break sshd after upgrading to el 6.5[0]. I was able to recreate this issue and resolve it by switching to stock openssl[1]. With the el 6.5 release, current version of openssl is now stock[2]. Seeing that IUS only packages newer version of software than stock el, we will begin the process to EOL openssl10.

Tonight (December 3rd 2013), we will be removing the openssl10 packages from the stable repos and they will be available in the archive repos for the time being. If you have built any software off the openssl10-devel packages, it is recommended that they get rebuilt with the el 6.5 stock openssl.

Sorry for the short notice, but we are wanted to prevent any additional servers from installing openssl10.

Ben Harper
OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
Rackspace Hosting & IUS Community

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/1034961/comments/58
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/1034961/comments/60
[2] https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/6.5_Technical_Notes/index.html#openssl

In some cases using the yum replace method will not work. I was able to switch from openssl10 to stock openssl using yum shell [3].