From: Ius-community [ius-community-bounces+carl.george=rackspace.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Ben Harper [ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:04 AM
To: ius-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ius-community] EOL notice for python31

Greetings,

The Python Software Foundation will soon be EOLing Python 3.1. While I
have not found an official EOL date, they did mention Python 3.1 will be
provide source-only security fixes until June 2014 [0].

Once Python 3.1 becomes EOL, the IUS python31 packages (including
modules) will be moved out of the stable repositories.  They will still
be available in the archive repositories. While not recommended, you can
install packages from the archive repositories with something like the
following:

# yum install PACKAGE_NAME --enablerepo=ius-archive

Thanks,
Ben and the rest of the IUS covedev team

[0] https://www.python.org/download/releases/3.1.5