ius-community team mailing list archive

IUS support of EL7

RHEL7 and CentOS7 (collectively referred to as EL7) have been released.  The IUS Community project fully intends on supporting these releases.  We are in the process of getting all of our infrastructure and tools updated for this change.  If you would like to assist with testing, you can install the new ius-release rpm from our testing repos on your EL7 server.

rpm -Uvh http://dl.iuscommunity.org/pub/ius/testing/Redhat/7/x86_64/ius-release-1.0-12.ius.el7.noarch.rpm
--or--
rpm -Uvh http://dl.iuscommunity.org/pub/ius/testing/CentOS/7/x86_64/ius-release-1.0-12.ius.centos7.noarch.rpm

We will not be porting every package we currently maintain.  EL7 ships with much newer software than EL6, so many of our packages will not be needed.  We are pro-actively porting some packages, which you will see show up in the testing repos over the next few weeks.  If there is a package you would like to see added to IUS, please refer to our documentation about new package requests [0].

Thanks,
Carl and the IUS coredev team

[0] https://iuscommunity.org/pages/IUSPackageWishList.html

Follow ups