ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: php56u for el6?

On 10/07/2014 02:44 PM, Jakov Sosic wrote:
On 10/07/2014 09:15 PM, Ben Harper wrote:
Unfortunately, our build and automation systems are not publicly
accessible.  We are not set up like EPEL, where anyone can maintain
packages and submit builds.  This is something we have talked about
doing for years, but have yet to get around to it.  That being said, we
have accepted pull requests[0] and forked repos per request[1].

If I recall correctly, I think I did a test build of the main php56u
SRPM on EL6 and it built just fine.  So it might be good as is or just
need some minor tweaks.  Testing would be needed.

Are you interested in using php56u on EL6?  I ask, as we are being more
selective about package requests.  A few times we got overeager, built
and released packages into the stable repos before we heard anything
from the requester.  This left us in a position of maintaining a package
that no one might be using.  With limited resources and limitation on
our build system, we want to make sure our time is being wisely.   We
also want to avoid requests like 'it would be cool if IUS packaged the
latest kernel (or other random application) even though I would not use
it'.  If you are looking to use php56u on EL6, then create a launchpad
bug.  Also note, we do ask requesters of new packages to test them
before we will release them into the stable repo.

-Ben

[0] https://github.com/iuscommunity-pkg/php55u/pull/6
[1] https://github.com/iuscommunity-pkg/php55u-pecl-lzf

Yes, I'm interested in using it and I am willing to test it. I have a team of php developers behind me with one big php app based on symfony1 and symfony2. App uses couple of additional modules I compile against your -devel myself (like php54-pecl-ssh, php54-sqlite2, php54-pecl-zendopcache, php54-pecl-amqp).

I can rebuild it my self and report you back in 2-3 weeks after we push it through our dev/staging process.