ius-community team mailing list archive

php56u and pcre

The IUS project keeps our packages current with the latest upstream version (inline with upstream stable).  While updating our packages, the IUS team likes to review the changes that the Fedora project makes as well.  Last month, I was updating php56u to upstream 5.6.6.  I made a change to the spec file that caused php to be compiled with the system PCRE library, which is how Fedora does it.  It was later discovered that this caused php56u-pecl-apcu to output warnings about an undefined symbol (php_pcre_exec) when running `php -v` on EL6.

We are not aware of any other effects other than the warning, but we have reverted the change to be safe.  If you built any custom pecl modules using php56u-5.6.6-1, you should rebuild them using php56u-5.6.6-2.ius.  We built three pecl packages with php56u-5.6.6-1, so we have started rebuilds of those just to be safe (php56u-pecl-mongo, php56u-pecl-xdebug, php56u-pecl-redis).

Carl George
Rackspace RPM Development