ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: state of IUS PHP packages on EL5

Carl and myself have done some investigation into these options. Porting php55u to EL5 is not straight forward (and I would assume the same would be true for php56u). PHP 5.5 has some build requirements that are not provided with base EL 5 packages. Historically, we have been reluctant to build and provide a long list of requirements and prefer to build off base EL packages. We have made exceptions in the past with mixed results.

Currently, we are leaning toward not providing php55u and php56u for EL5, but a final decision has not been made.

Is IUS php on EL5 important to you?  If so, we would to hear your thoughts.

-Ben