ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #160767]: Using mysqlnd in PHP 5.3

Question #160767 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/160767

Jeffrey Ness proposed the following answer:
Hello James,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the IUS Community, There has
been some mysqlnd communication via ius-coredev email list recently and
we came to the following conclusion (below is the IUS Teams response):

I have looked at the MySQL documentation for mysqlnd (seen below):

   http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php-mysqlnd/

Currently we are building the MySQL PHP module as 'shared', as can be
seen in our SPEC:

   http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ius-
coredev/ius/php53u/view/head:/SPECS/php53u.spec#L780

In order to build with mysqlnd our --with flags for mysql configs will need to be changed to 'mysqlnd',
it seems in this scenario it is a 'all or nothing' change.

Being this would be a global change which would effect all php53u users,
we would want to be sure the new mysqlnd module can do everything the
old could. Unfortunately it does not appear mysqlnd is at that point
just yet (see the FAQ at mysql doc above):

  Q: Does it offer all functionality of the MySQL Client Library?
   No, compression and SSL support are currently missing. We have started to work on compression support, SSL will come later.

In the very near future we will have our new build system available for
the public (Monkeyfarm).

Monkeyfarm will allow outside contribution and package development, this may be something you would like to take
lead on (for mysqlnd support) when the Monkeyfarm enviornment is production.

We will post all news on the build environment at
http://iuscommunity.org/

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.