ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #177453]: Installing IUS package :Failed dependencies

Question #177453 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/177453

Soonho Kim gave more information on the question:
Dear Jeffrey;

Thanks for your quick question. I tried to install using "yum".
I use Centos 5.6.

Then, I got the following message.
====
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [~]# yum install php52-mysql-5.2.17-2.ius.el5.i386.rpm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
addons                                                                                                                      |  951 B     00:00
base                                                                                                                        | 1.1 kB     00:00
extras                                                                                                                      | 2.1 kB     00:00
update                                                                                                                      | 1.9 kB     00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Examining php52-mysql-5.2.17-2.ius.el5.i386.rpm: php52-mysql-5.2.17-2.ius.el5.i386
Nothing to do
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [~]# php -v
PHP 5.2.17 (cli) (built: Nov  1 2011 10:08:44)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
========

Then, I tried to check the version of Mysql. I got the following message:
===========
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [~]# mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 5127
Server version: 5.1.56-log MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL v2 license
It seems not to change the Mysql. How would I know that the installation is successful?
Thanks for your answer in advance. :  )

Best Regards,
Soonho