ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #177453]: Installing IUS package :Failed dependencies

Question #177453 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/177453

Soonho Kim gave more information on the question:
Dear Jeffrey;

I checked the MySQL -server by typing the command which you sent
====================
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [/etc]# rpm -qi Mysql
package Mysql is not installed
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [/etc]# rpm -qi MySQL
package MySQL is not installed
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [/etc]# rpm -qi MySQL-server
Name        : MySQL-server                 Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 5.1.56                            Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Release     : 0.glibc23                     Build Date: Mon Mar  7 15:00:58 2011
Install Date: Tue Nov  1 10:00:30 2011         Build Host: rpmb-centos-5-32bit
Group       : Applications/Databases        Source RPM: MySQL-5.1.56-0.glibc23.src.rpm
Size        : 113724056                        License: Copyright 2000-2008 MySQL AB, 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.  Use is subject to license terms.  Under GPL license as shown in the Description field.
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Sun Microsystems, Inc. Product Engineering Team <build@xxxxxxxxx>
URL         : http://www.mysql.com/
Summary     : MySQL - a very fast and reliable SQL database server
Description :
The MySQL(TM) software delivers a very fast, multi-threaded, multi-user,
and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server. MySQL Server
is intended for mission-critical, heavy-load production systems as well
as for embedding into mass-deployed software. MySQL is a trademark of
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Copyright 2000-2008 MySQL AB, 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.

This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license.

The MySQL web site (http://www.mysql.com/) provides the latest
news and information about the MySQL software. Also please see the
documentation and the manual for more information.

This package includes the MySQL server binary (incl. InnoDB) as well
as related utilities to run and administrate a MySQL server.

If you want to access and work with the database, you have to install
package "MySQL-client" as well!
I use CPANEL, so hosting company might install it for me. : )

Could you kindly tell me how to remove the MYSQL-SERVER (what command)?
Thanks again!!

If I fix this issue, it would become for me to install IUS package
succesfully. : )

Best Regards,
Soonho