ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #177453]: Installing IUS package :Failed dependencies

Question #177453 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/177453

Soonho Kim is still having a problem:
Dear BJ;

Thanks for your quick answer!

I removed all MYSQL packages and install php and mysql from IUS repo.

I got another problem when I run the mysql

See the following message

==============

root@ip-173-201-34-240 [~]# rpm -qa | grep -i php
php52-cli-5.2.17-2.ius.el5
php52-common-5.2.17-2.ius.el5
php52-mysql-5.2.17-2.ius.el5
php52-5.2.17-2.ius.el5
php52-pdo-5.2.17-2.ius.el5
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [~]# rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
mysql51-libs-5.1.59-1.ius.el5
mysql51-server-5.1.59-1.ius.el5
mysqlclient15-5.0.92-1.ius.el5
php52-mysql-5.2.17-2.ius.el5
mysql51-5.1.59-1.ius.el5
perl-DBD-MySQL-3.0007-2.el5
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [~]# yum install php52 php52-mysql mysql51 mysql51-server
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, replace
 * epel: epel.mirror.freedomvoice.com
 * ius: pancks.sothatswhy.org.uk
addons                                                                       |  951 B     00:00
base                                                                         | 1.1 kB     00:00
epel                                                                         | 3.7 kB     00:00
extras                                                                       | 2.1 kB     00:00
ius                                                                          | 2.2 kB     00:00
update                                                                       | 1.9 kB     00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Nothing to do
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [~]# /etc/init.d/mysqld start
root@ip-173-201-34-240 [~]# mysql -v
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
I seems to run the mysql but when I check the version, then I got the error " ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)".

Do you have any idea about it?

Best Regards,
Soonho