ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #184279]: Trying to upgrade MySQL - Centos 5.7

Question #184279 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/184279

BJ Dierkes proposed the following answer:
Whether to comment out the line (permanently disable the excludes) or
passing at command line is clearly your choice.  Both do the same thing
... just passing --disableexcludes=all at command line only takes affect
that one time.

You should really investigate why those excludes are there.  One thing
to keep in mind is... all those packages are probably out of date.
Therefore... if you disable the excludes and then do a 'yum upgrade' of
all of them... you should be prepared that something might break and
need further attention.  Not being familiar with the system, or having
access to it... we wouldn't really be able to help you there and is
outside the scope of the support we can provide.

That said if you have any issues with the IUS packages after install
please let us know, and good luck!

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.