ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #188446]: Apache 2.4

Question #188446 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/188446

Jeffrey Ness proposed the following answer:
Ok, so there is a bump which will probably stop httpd 2.4 from hitting IUS el5 or el6,
in the Apache 2.3 branch one of the API calls (unixd_config) was changed to ap_unixd_config:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/new_api_2_4.html

This breaks libphp5.so (php52 and php53u) as they are built with stock Redhat
apr and apr-util, these two packages use the Apache 2.2 API.

As you can see, if we were to build a httpd24 package we would also need to maintain
a separate php package and any sub php module. At the moment this is not something
we will be able to maintain.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.