ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: PHP 5.4 Packages

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for your time.

As EL6 is the latest release we have been trying to spend most of our time packaging
for it, however if the need / want arises for EL5 packages we will continue
packaging for this release (at least until EL5 goes End of Life).

Let me look in to what it will take to bring PHP 5.4 to the EL5 release.

I'll get back to you with more information once I look in to this.

---
Jeffrey Ness
Software Developer II
OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
Rackspace Hosting & IUS Community

On Mar 29, 2012, at 12:48 AM, Eduardo Bragatto wrote:

> Hello Jeffrey,
>
> I was about to start testing the new PHP 5.4 packages when I realized
> they were compiled to EL6 (my servers are still running EL5).
>
> I'm going to install a sandbox so I can test them on EL6, but is there
> any reason for not compiling these packages also for EL5?
>
> Would you know how the IUS community is handling the EL5 packages? Will
> the EL5 packages be deprecated soon or does the community intend to
> continue supporting EL5 for near future?
>
> Thanks,
> Eduardo.
> --
> This message was sent from Launchpad by
> Eduardo Bragatto (https://launchpad.net/~b-eduardo-u)
> using the "Contact this user" link on your profile page
> (https://launchpad.net/~jeffrey-ness).
> For more information see
> https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/ContactingPeople

Follow ups