ius-coredev team mailing list archive

[Question #223712]: Does IUS support yum update --security?

New question #223712 on IUS Community Project:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/223712

Hello! IUS looks very valuable. But I was wondering -- does it have security errata filed against it? In other words, will "yum update --security" upgrade any packages from IUS that have known security vulnerabilities? Or is that even tracked for IUS packages?

My best guess from the documentation is that IUS just ships new packages regularly anyway, so updating them wholesale (say implementing a policy of always updating php53 if there's an update) is always the best option, as there's no way to tell which updates contain security vulnerability fixes vs. which don't.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.