ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #225826]: AES-NI support for OpenSSL

Question #225826 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/225826

Jeffrey Ness posted a new comment:
Hello Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to post your question.

The IUS OpenSSL package was built using the same SPEC as Redhat,
but then increased in version. You will notice the Redhat changelogs
do mention AES-NI support is available.

     $ rpm -qp http://dl.iuscommunity.org/pub/ius/stable/Redhat/6/x86_64/openssl10-1.0.1e-1.ius.el6.x86_64.rpm --changelog | grep -B5 AES-NI

     * Wed Sep 07 2011 Tomas Mraz <tmraz@xxxxxxxxxx> 1.0.0e-1
     - new upstream release fixing CVE-2011-3207 (#736088)

     * Wed Aug 24 2011 Tomas Mraz <tmraz@xxxxxxxxxx> 1.0.0d-8
     - drop the separate engine for Intel acceleration improvements
       and merge in the AES-NI, SHA1, and RC4 optimizations
     - add support for OPENSSL_DISABLE_AES_NI environment variable
       that disables the AES-NI support
     --
     * Wed Jul 20 2011 Tomas Mraz <tmraz@xxxxxxxxxx> 1.0.0d-6
     - add support for newest Intel acceleration improvements backported

     * Thu Jun 09 2011 Tomas Mraz <tmraz@xxxxxxxxxx> 1.0.0d-5
     - allow the AES-NI engine in the FIPS mode
     --
     - fix CVE-2009-4355 - leak in applications incorrectly calling
       CRYPTO_free_all_ex_data() before application exit (#546707)

     * Wed Jan 13 2010 Tomas Mraz <tmraz@xxxxxxxxxx> 1.0.0-0.18.beta4
     - add support for Intel AES-NI

When building this package I do not recall disabling features, and AES-
NI doesn't sound familiar (as something I would of removed).

Can you post the output you are seeing on a Intel machine, and show that
AES-NI is not present?

Thanks

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.