ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #236759]: Has mysql55-server been removed from the repo?

Question #236759 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/236759

bharper posted a new comment:
Hello James,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this issue.  There was a
mixup yesterday which caused mysql55 packages to be removed from IUS
stable repos.  I have already started the process to get them back.

The mysql55-5.5.33-2 release was due to get moved into the stable repos,
as the packages have been in the testing repos for two weeks.  I set the
mysql55-5.5.33-1 packages (previous release) to move from the stable
repos to the archive repos.  Then I mistakenly set the mysql55-5.5.33-2
packages (new release) to move from the testing repos to the archive
repos instead of the stable repos.  I have set the mysql55-5.5.33-2
packages to be moved from the archive repos to the stable repos, but
unfortunately there is not a quick way to do the move itself.  The
script takes several hours to complete and I'll give an update when the
script completes.

In the mean time, you can access the MySQL packages by using the archive
repos:

# yum search mysql55 --enablerepo=ius-archive
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, replace
 * base: mirrors.loosefoot.com
 * epel: fedora-epel.mirror.lstn.net
 * extras: mirrors.loosefoot.com
 * ius: mirror.sothatswhy.org.uk
 * updates: mirrors.loosefoot.com
================================================ N/S Matched: mysql55 =================================================
mysql55-debuginfo.x86_64 : Debug information for package mysql55
mysql55.x86_64 : MySQL client programs and shared libraries
mysql55-bench.x86_64 : MySQL benchmark scripts and data
mysql55-devel.x86_64 : Files for development of MySQL applications
mysql55-embedded.x86_64 : MySQL as an embeddable library
mysql55-embedded-devel.x86_64 : Development files for MySQL as an embeddable library
mysql55-libs.x86_64 : The shared libraries required for MySQL clients
mysql55-server.x86_64 : The MySQL server and related files
mysql55-test.x86_64 : The test suite distributed with MySQL

  Name and summary matches only, use "search all" for everything.

Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

Ben Harper
OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
Rackspace Hosting & IUS Community

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.