ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #237552]: Vim 7.3/7.4 Support

Question #237552 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/237552

bharper posted a new comment:
Hello cwood06,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us with this request.  With a new
package requests, we evaluate if it would be a good fit for IUS and if
it is maintainable with our current resources.  I have been looking over
Red Hat's and Fedora's SRPMs and all of the vim RPMs for each OS are
created from a single RPM.  This would include the vim-X11, which is
also known as gvim.  IUS tries to stay away from GUI apps.

At first look, it appears that Vim does not get updated often, but they
release minor updates through patches.  The patches are released fairly
often:

ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.4/

Unfortunately at this time, I do not feel we could maintain vim given
that we are already very short on resources.

-Ben

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.