kernel-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1595803] Re: [i915_bpo][SKL] Display core init/uninit updates
Tim, the description on the dell community forum is not very detailed.
However, if you have time, please try this kernel built to fix this issue.
This kernel is based on Ubuntu-3.19.0-64.72
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
[i915_bpo][SKL] Display core init/uninit updates
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
At the moment, our i915_bpo driver on Vivid (kernel version:
Ubuntu-3.19.0-62.70) lacks certain patches which fix the display core
init/uninit sequence esp. handling dmc firmware loading and runtime-
pm. Following patches from v4.5-rc1 address these issues on SKL.
* e8ca932 drm/i915: Extract a intel_power_well_enable() function
* dcddab3 drm/i915: Extract a intel_power_well_disable() function
* 0a9d2be drm/i915/skl: Making DC6 entry is the last call in suspend flow.
* 18a04a7 drm/i915: Kill intel_runtime_pm_disable()
* ebae38d drm/i915/gen9: csr_init after runtime pm enable
* 01a6908 drm/i915: use correct power domain for csr loading
* bffbcd9 drm/i915/gen9: Don't try to load garbage dmc firmware on resume
* ca1283d drm/i915/skl: Removed assert for csr-fw-loading check during disabling dc6
* 56fcfd6 drm/i915: fix the power well ID for always on wells
* fc17f22 drm/i915: fix lookup_power_well for power wells without any domain
* 2f693e2 drm/i915: Make turning on/off PW1 and Misc I/O part of the init/fini sequences
These patches also fix OEM bug related to audio not working after
suspend by close/open lid.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: