kernel-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1595803] Re: [i915_bpo][SKL] Display core init/uninit updates
Note that I am testing on Trusty. Should this bug be nominated for
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
[i915_bpo][SKL] Display core init/uninit updates
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
At the moment, our i915_bpo driver on Vivid (kernel version:
Ubuntu-3.19.0-62.70) lacks certain patches which fix the display core
init/uninit sequence esp. handling dmc firmware loading and runtime-
pm. Following patches from v4.5-rc1 address these issues on SKL.
* e8ca932 drm/i915: Extract a intel_power_well_enable() function
* dcddab3 drm/i915: Extract a intel_power_well_disable() function
* 0a9d2be drm/i915/skl: Making DC6 entry is the last call in suspend flow.
* 18a04a7 drm/i915: Kill intel_runtime_pm_disable()
* ebae38d drm/i915/gen9: csr_init after runtime pm enable
* 01a6908 drm/i915: use correct power domain for csr loading
* bffbcd9 drm/i915/gen9: Don't try to load garbage dmc firmware on resume
* ca1283d drm/i915/skl: Removed assert for csr-fw-loading check during disabling dc6
* 56fcfd6 drm/i915: fix the power well ID for always on wells
* fc17f22 drm/i915: fix lookup_power_well for power wells without any domain
* 2f693e2 drm/i915: Make turning on/off PW1 and Misc I/O part of the init/fini sequences
These patches also fix OEM bug related to audio not working after
suspend by close/open lid.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: