kernel-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 113552] Re: SD card is spontaneously unmounted when files are copied to it
[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: Incomplete => Expired
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
SD card is spontaneously unmounted when files are copied to it
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
I have this problem in Ubuntu Desktop 7.04. Here's how it happens:
- I insert a 2 GB SanDisk SD card into my laptop's built-in card reader
- It appears a sa "NEW VOLUME" item on the GNOME desktop
- I click the item and see the files on the card
- With dragging-and-dropping, I start copying a few 30 MB files to the card
- In the middle of copying process I get the message baloon at the bottom right saying that device was unplugged, and that's a bad thing to do. That I should use safe removal insted. BUT: I did not touch the card.
So, what I do is copying files one by one, unmounting the card after
each file, and mounting it back. Then, eventuallly, I manage to really
transfer the files to the card. However, often this also does not
work. A file does not appear on the card after the "safe removal".
To manage notifications about this bug go to: