keryx team mailing list archive

Dependency calculations and status storage

So with minideblib, we are currently restricted to working with only what we
have available. It does not handle manipulating the data whatsoever.

We need this functionality for the dpkg definition so my proposal is this:
Add the necessary functionality to minideblib such as loading the status
files, calculating dependencies, etc. Since the library could be expanded
upon in this direction, it can provide full fledged functionality for other
projects that might want to take advantage of this.

What are your thoughts on this idea?

I'd certainly like to contribute any changes we make back upstream, but this
might be taking the library in an unintended direction from the author's
original idea. If he likes it he can merge the ideas, but if not, we can
maintain our own version privately. It's not much of a problem either way, I
just want to make sure that people would be aware of the improvements we
have made if they are looking for something similar.

Caffeine buzz has worn off for the night. Hope everyone is doing well.
Cheers!

--
Chris Oliver
http://excid3.com