keryx team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #697063]: keryx won't launch in UbuntuStudio 20.04. Access denied.

Question #697063 on Keryx changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/keryx/+question/697063

john sylvanis gave more information on the question:
Sorry for being so late Manfred. Thank you for your suggestions. Actually,
I extracted the Keryx package to Ubuntu Studio 21.04's desktop into a
directory called Keryx.
This is what happens:

- right clicked the Linux executable to see properties: the Executable
square is checked.
- went to the permissions tab to verify whether all types have permissions
checked
- all types (user [John], group [John], etc. are checked for rx, the
administrator (me) has rwx permissions.
- double clicked the tooth-wheeled Linux executable. A message box comes up
"What would you wish to do with this file?" There are 2 buttons: EXECUTE
and CANCEL. Naturally, I pressed
EXECUTE. The message box disappears, but nothing ever after happens, that
is, there's no interface (like in Windows) popping up.
- went into Logs: "Widgets interface loaded". That's it.

The Keryx version I am using is 0.92.5 because of many complaints about
v1.0 and v1.1. I've tried v1.0 in Windows without success.

Any opinion?

Thank you VERY much for your help, yours, John.

--
You received this question notification because your team Keryx
Development Team is an answer contact for Keryx.