keryx team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #697063]: keryx won't launch in UbuntuStudio 20.04. Access denied.

Question #697063 on Keryx changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/keryx/+question/697063

john sylvanis gave more information on the question:
I downloaded both, the .deb version too. None worked in Linux because the
dependencies were not downloaded. I downloaded them separately, but they
were not installable on their own.

However, here's another thing: My 18.04 Ubuntu Unleashed book doesn't
mention an apparently new function, apt-get download <package>, probably
not present in that version but present in 21.04. It's not perfect, but it
brings down packages that can be installed to another computer when the
main program is installed AFTER download. Not perfect, for when I installed
paprefs to the desktop, installation complained about the lack of another
package, a module, which I found and downloaded and installed on top of
paprefs. When it unzipped (gz), it had a file containing all of the
programs of the module and the path they've been installed to. Upon
verification, everything was at its place (in the respective directories).
But what if I couldn't find the module? Then even installed, paprefs
wouldn't have functioned. I don't yet know whether it'll function, since I
still have to configure jack and pulseaudio. I have 2 cards in the
computer, Xonar DX 7.1, hoping that paprefs will make it possible to have
them grouped into a virtual card so I can write for the orchestra to 16
physical outputs.

Keryx is important because it will download ALL of the necessary
components.

Thank you for your time, you're most helpful indeed. yours, John.

--
You received this question notification because your team Keryx
Development Team is an answer contact for Keryx.