Re: New poll for kicad-devel

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 09:30:01PM -0200, Adilson Oliveira wrote:
>I have to disagree with this pool.
>Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, Gentoo and SuSE all all the same OS:
>GNU/Linux. If one wants to run one particular distro, it doesn't matter.

My goal when creating this poll was to find out where our development
efforts in the area of packaging should be directed first. Each of the
listed entries will require a different packaging format (RPMs for
Fedora/Mandriva/SuSE, dpkgs for Debian/Ubuntu, ebuilds for Gentoo).

If we find out most of the current kicad users are using Debian/Ubuntu,
then it would make sense to focus on creating dpkgs before RPMs...

Bryan