please help with patchesh

hello all,
can anyone help me with python's patches please? i'm going crazy...
the problem is that some patches fails to apply... and when compile
some errors occours.. mostly on common.a that cannot be compiled..
i have tried to apply them to the latest src avaiable on the kicad
home page and also to svn trunk with no luck...
can anyone say me which version of source should i use please?
i'm running gentoo with wxGTK 2.8.3.0 and wxpython 2.8.3.0 gcc 4.1.1
if you find it useful i can report errors and/or patch .rej files.
thx in advance
substance

Follow ups