Re: end of lines...

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:01:21 +0200, Florian Delizy <fdy@...> wrote:

While updating the svn repository, i had some trouble with end of lines.

That's sounds familiar ;)
Current i am using the unix type (LF), but what is the "better" way (LF, RC, RC-LF) when working with other developpers under linux and/or windows or macosx.

Unix (LF) is best for that point ... even Windows compiler don't care,
I have noticed the downloaded files have RC LF end of line.

I'll make a commit to clean the returns of line if you want by Friday
(just before integrating Python).

You need to set the 'svn:eol-style' property to native so that Windows users will get CRLF and unix users will get LF when checking out their code.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/svn.advanced.props.html

While you're at it, if you may also want to set 'svn:keywords' to Id to get this: "Id: This keyword is a compressed combination of the other keywords. Its substitution looks something like $Id: calc.c 148 2002-07-28 21:30:43Z sally $, and is interpreted to mean that the file calc.c was last changed in revision 148 on the evening of July 28, 2002 by the user sally." You have to place this line under the license header of each file you want to get this information displayed:

Finally, the mime-type and executable can be set for some file types. For example, a python file will usually get the following properties set: *.py = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Id; svn:mime-type=text/x-python; svn:executable

There's a way to enable auto-props in your client so these properties are automatically set when you add the file the first time, first link I found:
http://flexlib.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/HowToBuild.wiki

Hope that helps,
David