OK and Cancel and Apply buttons (was Re: Guides for dialogs creation.)

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rok Markovic <rok@...> wrote:

> I work on kicad both on linux and windowses and I would like to have
> the same button sequence on both platform. I peronally think that
> Gnome proposed sequence is made just to be different from windowses
> and KDE.

May I humbly suggest that these sections of the wxBook be read before
changes are done to standard related items, there has been a lot of
research done such things:

Page 538:

"Refer to the section on 'Platform-Adaptive Layouts' in Chapter 7,
'Window Layout Using Sizers,' for information about the
wxStdDialogButton Sizer class, which can be used to position standard
buttons appropriately on
each platform."

See pages 203 and 204 for the code.

Page 540:

"Further Reading

Listed below are useful guideline documents for the main platforms
supported by wxWidgets, and books giving general advice on UI design."